Monday, June 20, 2011

Clipless Fail

I love my clipless pedals. There is no better feeling than hauling up a hill out of your seat so fast you want to puke. This feeling is facilitated by clipless, which allow you to charge hills like a battle-hungry warrior. There is really only one disadvantage I see to riding in this manner, and I experienced that disadvantage just the other night.

Riding clipless means just the opposite really...you are clipped in to your pedals, so to speak. This means that, every once in a while, you don't properly eject your feet from your pedals. This happened to me (pre-tequila mind you)the other night at the busiest intersection on Butler in front of a line of traffic and 4 of my friends. While biking (actually we were stopped at the light) to the bar I slow-motion crashed to the pavement. Skidding my knee, hands, and slamming my thigh into my frame, all I could do was humbly laugh.

Really if I learned anything from this experience, it is simply this: don't stop at intersections! That and everyone should always have a video camera attached to their helmet.

-The Velodict

No comments:

Post a Comment