Monday, May 23, 2011

I've Been Yinz-ed

I haven't re-wrapped my handle bars since, oh say, never. The original bar tape was looking pretty tattered so I picked up some flashy new wrap at the store the other day. The selection was weak (which I guess is an opinion, but it's really edging on a fact) and so from my bountiful 4 choices, I chose yellow.

A few things occurred to me while I was re-wrapping my bars:

1) Never put 500 miles on a bike, go on a gargantuan tour, and ride that same bike for another 8 months without changing the bar tape. Peeling that stuff off filled my kitchen with the sweet scent of high-school boy's changing room (gross).

2) Always pay a few extra dollars for the nicer bar tape. I got the cheapest (although, like I mentioned, my choices were limited), and the bar tape was not tape at all, but rather just bar wrap without the tape. ANNOYING.

3) I officially have some sub-conscious adoration for the 'Burgh, as my bike is now BLACK AND YELLOW. great.

-The Velodict

1 comment:

  1. I love this. :) Ridin' in style now, baby girl! BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW....(Can you imagine Whiz Kalifa singing that song riding on a bicycle? Ridiculous.)

    Anyway, I miss your face and want to ride next to you some time soon. :)
    ~Jamie.

    ReplyDelete