Thursday, May 12, 2011

W'arsh Board

I happen to be a bit of a musician. And by musician, I mean I play percussion; and by percussion, I mean I strum the ol' washboard now and then. So really I'm not a musician at all. Self described, I am a whisky-drinking, bluegrass listening, subconscious hillbilly, who likes to get tipsy and bang an extremely loud piece of metal. Yeah. Just typing it makes me want some bourbon.

ANYWAY

The Northside's Parkhouse has open pick nights every Wednesday, and last night I decided to try my hand in the jam business. The only real trouble was figuring out how to transport my board from home to the Northside. I quickly learned the board is really cumbersome to haul; it does not fit in my panniers, and the rear rack net doesn't quite reach around it (or hold it taut) . Finally, after perspiring, shading beet red, and wrestling the board around, I rigged the musical mishap to my backpack and headed over the bridge for some bluegrass fun. Where there's a will, there's a way.

-The Velodict

Oh, and I was gifted with this little memory the other day. Thought I would share it with ya'll (traffic jam in Hungary)


No comments:

Post a Comment